Monday, April 4, 2011

Weekend Recap

How is it Monday already?  At least the day is coming to an end and we are, once again, one day closer to the weekend!

And since we got our spiffy new camera, I thought I would show you our weekend via PHOTOS!!

Last week was George's birthday!  But since it fell on a Wednesday, it was easier to celebrate with family and friends on the weekend. 

On Saturday, we had all of his family and my family over for dinner....



I bought some store-roasted chickens (so much cheaper than purchasing raw and preparing) then made a big salad and vegetable ratatouille with fresh whole-grain bread.  HUGE hit!  And low in sugar and carbs, since Katelynn was just diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes.

And cupcakes!





These were called sugar-free Chocolate Peanut Butter Bliss and oh yes, they lived up to the name! 

After the feast, the kids were ready for a rest and some TV in our room...



But once the camera came out...


We had 3 little monkeys playing in our bed!



Yeah, there were lots of adults too but, let's face it, it's the kids that make the party!

On Sunday, we went to brunch with our friends (mmm.... mimosas) then out for a walk on a gorgeous day with our new camera ...

This is me, ready to hit the trails...

 The Reservoir...



Geo at the Reservoir House...


George actually "styled" this pic... he moved the leaf on the bottom to get the contrast just right!


I fell hard for this tree, literally.  I was on the ground at one point getting an upward view!


This spot was a stop-for-a-pose during our engagement pics...  and yes, we recreated it but without a pic :)


The old Gate House tower...  I loved the orange brick...



These pictures were all us with our Nikon D3100.  Not bad, right?  I mean, I know they aren't good but we are still getting use to the settings so most of these were in manual mode. 

Oh well!  Here's to reading the owners guide :)

How was your weekend? 

Happy Monday!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment