WE ARE GOING TO LONDON!!!!!!!!
I can't believe this is happening! I can't believe this happened!
I have wanted to go to Paris since... birth? And London... well, we all know my Obsession with The Royals.
George and I went to AAA on Saturday, put the ticket on hold and tomorrow, they are ours!
We leave mid-May and are there for our 1 year anniversary. If not our honeymoon, at least our first anniversary as husband and wife: adventurers of life :)
I have started our budget spreadsheet. Broken down by city, just to see
London- Double Decker Bus Tour $35 pp (2 hr. 15 min)
- Globe Theater $16 pp
- Westminster Abbey $21 pp (mass is free)
- Buckingham Palace $25 pp (if open!!) State Room and Palace
- Changing of the Guard FREE - 11:30 am daily
- Windsor Palace $23 pp
- Madame Tussauds $52 pp
- London Eye w/Madame pass
- Harrod's FREE!!!!!
- Piccadilly Circus (round-about) FREE!!!!!
- Cleopatra's Obelisk FREE!!!!!
- Tower of London $26 pp
- Afternoon Tea $26 Euros pp The Georgian Restaurant or The Savoy
- Big Ben Free - sightseeing
- Parliament Free - sightseeing
- Notting Hill Free - sightseeing
- Picnic at St. James Park Free Get food at Fortnum & Mason
- Gardens Free - sightseeing
TOTAL $326 in sightseeing
The Paris budget is barely started but at least this will give you an idea of what we are planning...
- Train $232 one way
- The Louvre eat at Café Richelieu
- Notre Dame
- Luxembourg Gardens
- Eiffle Tower
- Arc de Triomphe
- Musee d'Orsay
- Seine River Cruise
- Montmartre - Free http://www.montmartre-paris-france.com/
- Champs-Elysees - Free
- O Chateau Wine Tasting near Lourvre
- Sainte Chapele Church
- Café de Fleur
- Molin Rouge
- Chez Janou Bistrot for Chocolate mousse
- Boulangerie Eric Kayser (best croissants in Paris)
- Napoleon's Tomb
- The Pantheon
- Chanel Flagship Store - Free
- The French Open (? For George?)
- Galeries Lafayette - Free
- Sacre Couer in Montmartre - Free
- Street Market - Free
- Luxor Obelisk - Free
We are very focused on not over spending so planning ahead is important. And because I am a little bit Type-A, it's fun!
So now I need to:
1. Lose weight
2. Exercise and get ready for lots of walking
3. Get a European-inspired wardrobe
4. Get a passport (make this priority 1)
5. Get a new camera
6. Practice my French
7. Go to the doc and get something to make me sleep on the plane!
In the words of Jesse Spano...
HAPPY, HAPPY MONDAY!!!