Thursday, February 24, 2011

Life vs. Responsibility

Well, we have some good news. Geo and I can take the trip of a lifetime!




But, here's the thing.  We have some debt.  We have a house.  To be honest, I am worried about my job right now (buy out rumors are circulating). 

Our debt isn't crazy; a bit on charge cards but a substantial amount in student loans.  Our savings is growing but we planned on using that for this trip... or a chunk of it.

So we are torn. 

Pay off the charge cards and be down to my student loans and car payment (we paid off George's car and he didn't have student loans). 

OR

Go to Paris and London or Paris and Rome. 

We could scale back the trip but I'm not too sure how much more we can scale back.  And to be honest, we might never get back there.  Kids+Flying+Europe = An Expensive Nightmare!

We are going to talk to a travel agent and see what else we can do to keep cost down. 

We might wait and pay off the debt and re-save up for the trip but I don't know.  I would like to think we could save enough by September or October but it might be more like next spring:  That's OVER A YEAR AWAY!

Okay, I need opinions and I need them now.  What do we do? 

Pay it off... Get our travel on... or pay it and wait it?

Hope everyone is enjoying the NBC Thursday night lineup :)

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment