Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What I'm Loving Wednesday


Happy Wednesday (spelled out in my head as Wed-Nes-Day)!  I have many reason to be lovin' this day so here we go!

{one} I have been planning a family room/play room for our attic.  I really want a space for our nieces and nephew (and eventually our children) when they visit.  Since they are really into dress-up, fairy tales, glitz and glamour, I have been looking for some fun things to get them for when they visit.  My discovery: Halo Heaven!  http://www.haloheaven.com/
   

$1.50 for gloves, $3 for tutus, $1 for a little purse, tiaras, wands, caps, parasols... so many cute things!  I can't wait to surprise them with a chest of goodies :)

{two} I am signing up for tap classes!  I took ballet, tap and jazz for 12-ish years and I miss it (I miss creative outlets in general, these days).  I also need exercise so I thought I would combine the two.  Lessons start March 7th and I am thrilled to try this again!  Anyone else take dance lessons as adults?

{three} Spring is coming and I am in garden mode.  I have been picking up pots and planters at Good Will, VOA and Rite Aid (yep, a drug store with a 50% off sale) and planning our garden for this year.  I see lots of herbs, tomatoes, peppers and zucchini in our summer.

{four} The IRS!  Someone told me once that you shouldn't get a large tax return since that basically means you give the government an interest-free loan (any they never would do that for you).  But I don't care!  It's always a nice surprise, even though we took a huge hit since I was unemployed for 6 months of last year. And since we are savings for our trip, this will be helpful.

{five} And speaking of trip... tomorrow we find out where we stand on affording the trip!  I am getting my commission checks in tomorrow's paycheck so hopefully (fingers crossed), we will have enough to book the trip this weekend (internal scream!!!!)!!

George is out of town next week so plan on seeing some new house-project posts.

But for now, it's ABC line-up!

Have a great night and hopefully I will have some big travel news tomorrow :)

*Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment