Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Our STDs

I was all over the place with our save-the-date (STD... love me some bride-speak) design. I wanted something different yet cheap, fun yet classic, fridge worthy yet not annoying (you know the ones I am talking about. With a HUGE picture of the happy couple that stares at you while you grab that gallon of ice cream).

I had LOVED these...


source: http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/


And these...


source: http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/


And even something simple, like these...

source: http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/

But I wanted to be realistic. I didn't want to spend more than $1.00 per piece, including postage. With that, option two was out. And since I don't have a Cricut (envious swoon!), option one was out.

This leaving us with option three. There was something lacking in option three; US! It was just too plain.

After I tried my hand at learning Indesign, I recruited my good friend's stepson - the design genius!

The Mister and I came up with a spring design that would work with our wedding theme and went through a slew of pictures from our four years of dating. We sent everything over to the design genius and got back this...

We have a few more edits to make and I think we are going to use an engagement photo for the main photo but it's almost where we want it!

Did you catch the clothesline effect? We thought it was a fun "spring" design and a cool way to show the pics of us over the years.

And see that background design? Yeah, if see a monogram in the near future!

How was your STD process? Did you know what you wanted? Was budget a factor?






No comments:

Post a Comment