Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Dress - Part Une

I am curvy. Curvy is the bridal world can be a death sentence. It is almost impossible to find a plus-size sample dress in the boutique stores I had dreamed of shopping in. I also thought the sales women would be popping champagne, carrying out silk dresses that would be perfect for me, a separate room for me and my girls with antique couches and a mirror and pedestal just for me!

Needless to say, I had high expectations (which is a nasty-little habit, unfortunately).

The first place was THE bridal boutique in my area. I called ahead of time to confirm they could accommodate my size and schedule a try-on for just me. I planned it with the receptionist that I would come in to try on one dress to see how much weight I needed to lose or if I would even fit into any of their sample dresses. I would not be buying that day.

I went. I tried on. I cried. I left.

There was one dress that I was able to try on and it was an ivory nightmare!
The saleswomen was trying to pressure me in to purchasing that dress and that moment since it fit. But I wanted my mom and my girls with me. And this was not that moment or the dress.

After I left, I called my mom to tell her what I did. She understood my concerns but insisted not to give up hope.

But how couldn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment