Friday, October 2, 2009

All Things French

My name is Très Chic and I am a French-aholic.

I have been obsessed with the language since 5th grade when we got to choose which foreign language we were going to take from 6th grade through high school.

I picked my name (Chantel) and fell in love with the accent, the food, the music, the art, the architecture, the culture and basically the entire French lifestyle.


My love affair with France and all things French has lasted about 15 years now and is still hot-and-heavy! This passion has seeped through me and in the Mister. He loves classic French jazz (music is HUGE for us), is developing a taste for the food, appreciated the romance Paris exudes and has even picked up on some phrases.

As a nod to our love our love affair and our French love affair, we are adding subtle elements into our ceremony and wedding.

For the ceremony, we are engraving our rings with a French phrase we say all the time, even out of context. The phrase: avec toi. Meaning: with you.

Our cocktail hour will be French bistro-style. We are having a few French h'ordeuvres, our favorite French wine (Red Bicycle...mmm...and cheap) and classic French jazz playing in the background.


And our favors will be cookies in a little brown bag, stamped with "Merci".
I also want to add some French flair to our sweetheart table. Any ideas?
I cannot wait to start my little projects!
I am sure no one will catch the French touches but it will be so special to us.

What petite touches will you be adding to your wedding that is just for the two of you?

No comments:

Post a Comment