Monday, October 5, 2009

A Très Chic Wedding: The Theme

As I mentioned before, when we first got engaged, I wanted a simple, clean and elegant look to our wedding. Kelly green, white and black as our color scheme but we didn't have a "theme".

I think I was fooling myself. I loved the color combination and the streamline look of my inspiration photos but there was something miss.

Both the Mister and I are hopeless romantics. We love long walks through the city or country, cooking dinner and dining by candle light, we are committed to date nights (every weekend for the past 4 years and counting) and can't sleep without each other.

This romanticism was lacking in simple and clean scheme. Sure I could inject candles, crystal and champagne but my vision was cold. And even worse, I was not in love with this scheme.
So how could I keep our favorite colors and incorporate the decor of the venue but have the soft, glowing, romantic ambiance I dream of?

Two words: Add pink! Pink is my runner-up favorite color.

So if I soften the green... Turn white into cream...

And add a hint of peachy-pink...



POOF! We have a color scheme.


I love the vintage feel of the peachy-pinks and creams and the green made me instantly think of a garden. And I love the magic of twilight (referring to the time of day but love the book!) and the glow of candles.

With that, our theme was born: Twilight in a Vintage Garden.

Sure, I can't tell you if a vintage garden really exist but the idea of channeling a Parisian garden circa 1920 is exactly what I was looking for. And it is kind of like me, right down to my engagement ring.

Do you have a theme? How did you come up with it?

sources: pic 1: www.soyscentsonline.com pic 2: www.icecreamjournal.turkeyhill.com pic 3: www.lesbonribbon.chainreactionweb.com pic 4: www.velspar.com

No comments:

Post a Comment