Thursday, October 15, 2009

Making it Personal and Making it Public

Our wedding is filled with personal touches. We are so excited to share our love, our life, our spirit with... our guest!

There is this part of me that wants to explain why things are the way they are at our wedding.

We want to have a French bistro-style cocktail hour with French appetizers, French wine and French jazz playing in the background. And I know not a single person is going to pick up on this detail, and that it is for the Mister and I. But at the same time, I want to tell our guest about this personal touch and why they mean so much to us.

Same goes with our cookie favor bar. It will be filled with cookies we love and that mean something to us. Yes, we do have a cookie that means something to us... the peanut butter blossom with a Hershey Kiss on top... it was the first time we baked together. Yeah, I know... cheesy but that's us!

So I want to explain the meaning behind everything. I feel like it will make the day even more special if we let everyone in on what makes us, us. I just have no idea how to do it without over kill of signage or appearing self-consumed.

Did you or are you going to have lots of personal touches? Are you going to let your guest in on the meanings? If so, how?

No comments:

Post a Comment