Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Did I Mention My Shoes???

Yes ladies and gents, I found my shoes! It only took 4 months and endless hours of searching the web and stalking the local stores to finally decide.

I started off wanting these bad girls...



But that was when we had two incomes and had time to save. Plus, I wasn't thinking how I was only 2.5 inches shorter than the Mister. These shoes would put me 2 inches taller than him.

So I moved on.

~sigh~

I wanted frilly, pink, less than 3 inches and under $100. Easy right? Not. At. All.

I searched Endless.com, Zappos.com, Macy's, Nordstroms, Neimans, Dillards, Pepperlime, Anthroplogy, Amazon... EVERYWHERE! Nothing. Not a single thing. I was tempted to do dyeables but I heard stories of the color running off and I couldn't chance that.

So I went back to NinaShoes.com (for the millionth time) and saw "Design Your Own Shoes"... hmmm.

I thought "what does this mean?" So I decided to start building a shoe. To my surprise, a custom shoe - in the color I wanted, with the heel I needed and with frilly touches I dreamed of, was only $40 over budget and my search would be D.O.N.E.

SOLD!!

SO $140 later, these are my shoes...



Yes! I know, too cute. I am sure I will name them the moment I can try them on. And if they don't fit, I can return them with no problem.

So I settled but it was a good settle. It was worth it and I am more than happy with these pretty pumps.

Did you have to settle on some wedding details?

No comments:

Post a Comment