Saturday, July 9, 2011

On Not Feeling Well

When I was younger, my mom fought with me all the time about going to school when I was not feeling well.
She thought I was faking. 

Yes, if I had a fever or was tossing-my-cookies (anyone use that expression???), she would keep me home, no questions asked.

However, now it's been 11 years since high school and my mom finally realizes that I just never feel well.

It's true.

I have a sensitive stomach and I tend to push it to the limits. I know many of my triggers: I have not had citrus fruit or juice in at least 7 years.  But there are just somethings I love and can't part with completely: some bread and pasta.  And then there are things that I am okay with one day and being tortured by on another: steak, bread, eggs.

I would rather take a Tums or a Pepto when I need it instead of a daily medication.  But my stomach being "off" is always a battle.

I am also the only adult I know that gets ear infections CONSTANTLY.  The norm is about 3 or 4 a year. Some times it's a full-blow ear infection.  Other times it's fluid that is throwing me off balance.

I am also super sensitive to medication.   I tend to react in some way to everything, just like my Grandma... who has the same stomach issues as me, we call it the "Alexander Gut".

So where is this coming from you ask?

Well I fainted at work on Thursday.  Yep.  I felt off in my office.  Went into my co-workers office, knowing something was wrong.  And I don't remember much after that other than the EMTs getting there and taking my stats.

After being taken away by the ambulance and spending 8 hours in the ER, it appears vertigo and inner ear issues are the culprit.

I am taking it easy this weekend but I am MORTIFIED to go back to work on Monday.  I'm so embarrassed. And it seems like it's always something with me.

Hopefully this will be the last of my issues for a while. 

Praying this will be the last of my issues for a while.

Hope everyone is having a better weekend than me!

xo,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment