Tuesday, July 12, 2011

While George is Away...

First, let me say WELCOME new followers!  I have no idea where you came from but I am thrilled to see you hear.  We are going to be the bestest of blog-land friends :)

So, as a refresher, when my husband is away on business, I love to do little projects and surprise him when he gets home.

Some bigger... like painting the entire bathroom, mounting the cabinet, bringing out our new towels from the registry.


And selecting and laying a new laminate floor in the bathroom....



And smaller projects, like hanging photographs of the sand dune from our mini-moon in Cape Cod/Nantucket/Martha's Vineyard....


And getting a new duvet cover for our bed (which, still need so much more help)


So what was up my sleeve this time? 


I'm painting.  Again!  But because of my little episode on Thursday, I thought it might be safer to hire out; aka, pay my brother and his buddy.


Yep, you can't tell a darn difference between these pictures.  But it was a tan with a strong tint of pink.  Ew.

So we went with a cool, grey-green.  I promise to get you a better pic when there is sunlight!

I had wanted to take off the doors from the one large cabinet in our kitchen, paint and style the shelving, in attempt to make the kitchen feel more open.  But that will have to wait till he gets home.

What projects have you been working on lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment