Sunday, October 24, 2010

Excuse me, what’s my inspiration?

Right when I get back into blogging again, our camera broke!

I will spear you the saga of our-cameras-of-the-past but, let's just say, point a click camera's need a case.

Anyhoo, in the mean time, I thought this might be a great time to show you the inspiration ideas we have collected of our home.

Let's go room by room, shall we.

First: The Living room -

Images from Google search: Hollywood Regency and Pottery Barn or HGTV
I do remember the bottom photo being Tori Spelling's house!

Second: The Master Bedroom





photos from Google searches of:
 Candice Olsen, Hollywood Regency and Pottery Barn Bedrooms


The kitchen:





The Dining Room:








And other spaces in the house:








OBVISOUS TRENDS:  Dark woods, white/cream/neutral fabrics with a French Eclectic/Nantucket Chic vibe and  a Hollywood Regency twist.

I love the classic styles.  I would rather buy a old piece of furniture and refinish with it in with a glossy white paint than buy something new and without character. But there are modern elements that rock-my-socks, too ;)

George is right on track with my taste but he likes Asian elements and anything with water!  He's a sucker for fountains, ponds, koy fish and a touch of straight lines.

We strive for the clean-crisp formal look that is balanced with coziness and comfort.  I have to admit, it's something I struggle to get just right but I am hoping I will have less trial-and-error decorating once the major piece fall into place.

Later this week, I will give you all a video tour of our city chateau but, in the meantime, what is your decorating style?  Are you a slight contradiction of decor?

No comments:

Post a Comment