Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Très Chic Consultant

I have been unemployed for just over a month now and I am starting to go stir crazy.  I have thrown myself into wedding planning and into getting to know My Mister's family (we are living with is sister and brother-in-law). Why aren't I throwing myself into job hunting you ask?  Well I have TRIED but there is nothing out there right now.  I have applied for everything and anything the maybe, kind of aligns with my skill sets.  Even though I have opened up my search to include the  long-shots, there is still not much out there to apply for. 

So to prevent large gaps in my resume and to keep my sanity, I have started a consulting business. 

Here is the back story.

My cousin/bridesmaid/bff is opening her own spa.  It will be a small spa but it will be all her's!  But she is in a bit of a time crunch.  She found the space two days ago, signed the lease today and will open the week after labor day.  This will give her 3 weeks to plan, organize, develop, design, execute and advertise. 

Enter moi!  My background is in advertising, marketing, public relations and event planning. And since my cousin knows my skills and my eye for design, she has asked me to help.  Actually, take over all the marketing elements while she organizes all the equipment and product needs. 

I was in!  There were two condition for me to come on board:  She would write me a letter of recommendation and I would like my friend, Mrs. Brown, to help. 

Cousin agreed and I was off to work. 

First, I told my friend, Mrs. Brown, about this opportunity and she flipped with excitement and got on board the spa-train!

We are developing inspiration boards, preparing a calendar and organizing the marketing plan.

I will post our inspiration boards soon! 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love that you are referring to me as Mrs. Brown...sounds so alluring or something haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I change the names to protect the innocent! haha

    ReplyDelete