Friday, August 14, 2009

A Très Chic Wedding: The Proposal!

As I mentioned, we had been ring shopping for about 3 years.  There were several times when I thought "We Found It!" but a few months went by and we were looking again. 

So when we had found a place with the best deals on diamonds and settings, I was kind of jaded at this point and knew not to get my hopes up.   Don't get me wrong, I knew it would come someday!   It was just all in the timing and I knew he was worth the wait. 

A month went by since we had gone to the "best deals" place.   Once again, I figured there might be a better deal out there and, if there was, we would find it!

Then one Saturday night in March, My Mister said "what do you want to do for dinner?"  The conversation went something like this:

"Ugh, let's not go out and just make something at home," I said. 

First moment ruined by me. 

"What should we make?" he asked.   

"I don't know, how about turkey meatloaf?" I suggested. 

Second moment ALMOST ruined by me.

"Let's do chicken parm, we can recreate our first dinner date," he said.

RED FLAG!!!

"Yeah, that sounds great!"

So we go and get the things we needed to make dinner.  We pick up some flowers and wine to round out the meal.

We get home and we start cooking.  But this time was different.  I was frazzled but trying to make everything perfect.

He went and set the table, made a play list of French jazz (my weakness) and lit candles all over the room. 

I came out with our dinner and was floored by the romance of it all!

We ate dinner, sipped wine and chatted about life.  I tried to make meaningful conversation but an hour later, dinner was done and I felt like a fool.  

So I picked up our plates and took them into the kitchen.  I paused for a second to laugh at myself for thinking this was the night.  I went back into the dinning room to clear the table and there it was: My Mister on one knee with a box in his hand.

"I have a question to ask you," he said. 

I smiled/cried/laughed/squeaked.

"Will you marry me?" he asked.

I said "Yes!" about forty times! 








No comments:

Post a Comment