Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My New Best Friends

are...
Top 10 London (Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guides)




Top 10 Paris (EYEWITNESS TOP 10 TRAVEL GUIDE)


Rick Steves' Paris 2011



I am a woman obsessed.  We bought 3 books to help us prep for our trip.  Yeah, that means two books on Paris.

George and I love the practical advice Rick Steves offers. And the Top 10 books from Eyewitness are helping us focus on the "top 10" things to see and do.  For example, the top 10 gardens, the top 10 museums, the top 10 things to see in the Louvre, the top 10 cheap cafes, .... you get the point!

We had been very conflicted on what to do with our savings.  We saved for this trip but once it was time to start booking we were so torn: Life vs.Responsibility.  Do we take the trip of a lifetime or pay off debt and have a savings?

Yep, we chose life! 

And it's funny, people keep saying "Good for you" and telling us how they had wanted to go to Europe/Asia/Africa before having children but never did and that it is hard to once you have kids. 

That was our fear, too.  I hope, once we get there, we will realize we can bring a family overseas and it won't be so overwhelming and unfamiliar. 

Have any of you traveled with young kids or plan on doing it soon?  What are your thoughts on long trips with little ones?

That's all I got!  Happy Wednesday :)


oh, p.s. - George also received his passport today!! And he keeps reminding me that HE is going to Paris but I'm not yet; not until I get my passport...bah!

No comments:

Post a Comment