Sunday, November 14, 2010

5 Years

George and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary on Halloween.  Well, we said "Happy Anniversary" and exchanged a kiss then went to get trick-or-treating candy! 

We celebrated our anniversary a few days later with a wonderful dinner at a beautiful boutique hotel in in the posh suburbs.

And since we are watching-our-pennies, we got a $100 gift certificate for $50 from restaurants.com and agreed to spend $10 each on gifts.
We have a thing with cards.  I have actually saved every card we have ever exchanged. 

So when I came home from work, I was greeted with these lovelies...


Steffler is one sweet hubby!  He always gets/makes the best cards.  And when I say "makes", he is known for buying a card he likes, crossing out some of the words and adds his own.  I love it!

My gift for him was memory box.  I bought a cool, magnetic gift box from Barnes and Noble.  Yes, it's a gift box but I loved the map (kind of works with our plans to travel more).

I added a label to the front, like so...


 
Then I grabbed a bunch of pictures of us over the last 5 years... look how little we were!


And tossed in a stack of index cards and leftover wedding envelops...


We are writing our memories over the last 5 years on an index card and putting it in the envelop with the pictures.  We are also making a few predictions for the next year.

This can be our new tradition for years to come.  Add of few pictures, log a few memories, make a few predictions and look back on "us" over the years.  We can't wait for the day we can share this with our kids!

Happy Sunday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment