Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Um, P.S.

You may have noticed, we already have many of the items from the Living Room Mood Board.

Well, sit down my friend and let me tell you a story.

It was a cold and rainy day in early September.  Summer was just barely over but anyone in Upstate NY can tell you that, come August 1st, summer might has well be over cause we are all preparing for fall!


~sigh~ i <3 fall

Back to the story.  This early September day had me in the mood for all things fall ... apples, leaves, donuts, pumpkins, boots, donuts, cider, hayrides, donuts. 

We also happened to go to George's family for a visit that day.  As usual, the family is gathered around the table... one topic-of-conversation lead to another (the entire family has conversational ADD, like me!) and before I knew it, we volunteered to host Thanksgiving for all 20 members of his family!!

Um, yeah.  20.

And though I love all my in-law family members, I have this need to impress them still.   I think it's because I married the baby and the only boy...

So, yeah, we have been collecting all the necessary materials so we can host our FIRST THANKSGIVING!

The living room is almost complete.  We have all the pieces for the dining room and are still working on getting the arrangement just right.  We want to get the attic (which is finished, but we have nothing) in entertaining order as well.

George is gone next week on business so you know what that means: I'm preparing a While-You-Were-Out!

So that's the scoop.  Any tips on hosting a large, holiday for the first time? 

No comments:

Post a Comment