Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Bridal Suite-ness

About a month ago, I wanted to book our wedding suite for the night of our reception.
There are a few upscale hotels near our reception venue. But there were a few factors our final hotel would have to meet before I could book.
The ideal suite would have a separate bedroom from the living area, a hot tub (for us to relax in and have a glass of champagne before we go to bed) and a view. The Mister and I are suckers for a good view!
First was the Brookwood Inn. It was very recently remodeled and plays host to one of the most luxurious steakhouses in the city.
The hotel futures a grand lobby...
... and has "5 elegant suites", as the website says.
My favorite are the Hickory and the Manhattan...


(Sorry for the pic quality. source: http://www.brookwoodinn.com/)

The suites are beautiful but they are lacking in a view and are kind of expensive for one night.

The option is the Woodcliff Lodge and Spa.

We had stayed here once before and we loved it! The hotel is nestled atop of a hill. The hill is actually the highest point of elevation in the tri-county area, allowing for the most amazing view of our city that is 20-miles away.

The landscape is well well manicured, the golf course is one of the best in the area and the restaurant is elegant without being pretentious and has an uninterrupted view of the city.

The hotel also has two-floor suites! You enter into the living and kitchen space...

... and up the spiral staircase is the hot tub room with a VIEW!

Top 4 pics - source: www.woodclifflodge.com

And since I am a Nervous-Nelly, I had to go visit the suite before I booked to to make sure I wasn't dreaming!

Oh, did I mention our suite will be pulling double duty as our wedding suite AND as the location of our bridal brunch? That explains the need for a very separate living space. This way we don't need to rush and it's kind of like having breakfast in bed, which is one of our FAVORITE things.

The candy coating on the Woodcliff suite is the price! It was under budget and I am thrilled! And it will be a surprise for the Mister... I can't wait! (wow, three exclamation points in one paragraph)

I was actually so happy with the price, I booked a room for after the rehearsal dinner for me, my sister and mom. This way we can relax for the night, then get ready for the wedding the next day.

How did you decide on a wedding night suite? Did you have requirements? Anyone else do a bridal suite brunch?

No comments:

Post a Comment