Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My Dress, My Dilemma

So I tried my dress on over the weekend... again :) And as I was standing on my pedestal, staring at my bridal reflection, it hit me; how the hell am I going to accessorize this dress?!

Okay, my Mister... I love you but hit-the-road so I can post some dress pics! Thanks!
Now let's get down to business.

My "wedding day vision" was a slightly casual dress with lace details, my hair loosely up with a flower pinned to the back, killer shoes, a flushed/glowing face with soft eyes and pale pink lips. I was hoping for a... well, not casual but not too formal look. I wanted to be comfortable so I could dance the night away with the Mister and have a relaxed,vintage-elegance feel to the entire wedding.

Here is my dress (me with two of the Mister's nieces who will be part of the flower girl frenzy)...



(excuse the ugly face in the first pic... just focus on those little ladies! all pics are mine)

It's a little more formal, a bit more silver and a touch longer train than I was planning. But I fell in love when I tried it on and I could tell it was "the one" just by the feel of it; before I had even seen myself wearing it.

But now my vision is a little off. And for some reason, I am having a hard time pulling the new look together.
Would a loose up-do with a flower like this be appropriate?

source: http://www.brides.com/


The Mister and I had wanted the guys to wear khaki suites like these...


source: http://www.tuxedojunction.com/


And the girls in something light like these...

source: www.alfredangelo.com

Can you see the relaxed, vintage-elegance I was going for?

I still want this effect but I think we need to sprinkle some formal-ness over each element.

Now the new inspiration search begins!

Did your original wedding vision go out the door when you found the perfect dress/venue/any wedding element?

No comments:

Post a Comment