Wednesday, November 4, 2009

We Have Save The Dates!

The Mister and I struggled with our STDs (ha!). It shouldn't be THAT hard but we couldn't communicate our vision to our designer thus making it difficult and nerve wracking when we asked for edits and changes.
The designer is a very talented young man who is a friend of a friend. He is trying to launch his business but, it is safe to say, weddings are not the direction he plans on going.
We were about to submit another round of edits and I was stressing it because I knew the back and forth was getting stale.

But I also knew our deadline to get these bad-boys out was rapidly approaching. So while laying in bed one night earlier this week it hit me: do what I can with the skill I have.
My skill is scrap booking. I am pretty good with paper. And again, while laying there, I developed a design in my head that I don't think I have seen.

So the next morning I went to CVS, Joanne Fabrics and Staple. Yes, a random collection of store but I wasn't into wasting time and I knew each store had exactly what I needed.
First up, CVS' photo center to print off 50 of our new, FAVORITE epic...
Next was Joanne's for scrap booking supplies... paper, ribbon, glue dots and double sided tape.


And then to Staples to get blank index cards...


I returned home with my new loot and ready to crank these babies out!

I decided to do a mock-up to make sure my idea could work and this is what I got.
When pulled from the envelop...

When opened...

When posted on the fridge...


And I am in love! The Mister was shocked by how great they turned out. I am going to print the information on the index cards but overall, that is the final product!
I can't wait to get these in the mail and in the hands of our family and friends.
Did you change up a wedding plan? Was it for the better?
Did you do a DIY save the date? Do describe!

No comments:

Post a Comment