Thursday, November 12, 2009

I Heart Letterpress

I started my quest for the perfect invitation before we had a wedding date, color selection and engagement ring.

Yes, I was that girl who might have taken her "pre-engagement wedding planning" a bit too far.
But it was my love for all things related to writing (I even get jazzed over a new set of fun Post-Its) and working with paper vendors and printers in my last position, that contributed to me speeding up my wedding paper-goods search.

And I have to be honest, I am happy I did!
I could not believe the price for the coveted letterpress. When I lived in budget fantasy land, $500 for 100 invitations... just invitations, no reply card, seemed reasonable! And sure, for letterpress it is but it was never going to happen with our budget.

Slightly disappointed, I decided to start saving any and every invitation I saw online to my favorites.

When we got engaged, decided on a theme, settled on our colors and I started editing down my list, but not before I made sure our colors were not available in that style.

My mission went from loving letterpress to achieve an expensive look at a discount price.
I immediately ruled out printing our own and DIYing the invites. I don't have the patience or skill and I'm okay with that!

And the best way to get the Mister's input is to make an inspiration board and have him select what he likes.

So here is our current inspiration board...

source: 1- www.weddingpaperdivas.com , 2- www.hellolucky.com , 3, 4- www.weddingpaperdivas.com , 5- www.myjeanm.com , 6 - www.getmarried.com and 7 - www.myjeanm.com

I have been pretty fond of numbers 2,3 and 7... and of course these are the most expensive of the lot! But 3 and 7 are two of the most affordable letterpress I have found, EVER!

But my mission wears on.

Oh, and I want to give honorable mentions to Rexcraft.com and CarlsonCraft.com for their great selection and affordable prices. And who knows, I change my mind so often that we might get our invites from one of those.

Were you surprised by the cost of an invitation suite? What have been your tricks for saving money on invites?

No comments:

Post a Comment