Thursday, November 12, 2009

Impusle Buy, Wedding Style

I am a marketers dream! I totally fall for a good display, pretty packaging and product placement. Those checkout lines with candy, handiwipes and mascara at the grocery store, smart. The window displays for department stores, brilliant. Colin Cowie creating a winter wonderland on HSN to show his Christmas collection, well that's just being a tease!

Basically, you make it look cute and I will buy it!

Sometimes my impulse buying will poke it's little head out in places where I least expect it. And yesterday was one of those days.
I went into a local Volunteers of America with my FSIL and her two daughters, whom I call my nieces since I have been in their lives since they were 3 and 1. The girls were picking out Christmas ornaments from the 3-for-a-$1 box and my FSIL was looking for some fleece jackets for her husband (he's a farmer and goes through fleeces like water).
We were in the checkout line, I looked down into the glass display box and there it was; something I hadn't planned on buying for a while but knew I needed to have.
A broach for my bouquet...

Um, HELLO! The pic doesn't pick up on it, but there is silver in the center (like my dress), mini pearls in a silver-cream color and larger, oval pearls in a pinky-champagne color. All the colors I want in my bouquet. Too perfect! And it only cost me $8. Score!

I picked up these little clip-on earrings a few weeks ago at a church rummage sale for a full $.25...

I have kept them in my purse to help me collect other accessories and to clip on to shoes that are wedding worthy. And good thing I had them on me cause look at this match...


Even if the earrings don't make it to the final round for accessories, I am only out a quarter and I can keep them in my purse for my reference piece and not carry my broach.

Did you find a little wedding gem when you weren't looking for it?

No comments:

Post a Comment