Friday, December 31, 2010

I'll Miss You 2010!

George asked me out on a date last night so we went to breakfast at Simply Crepes this morning.  What a great way to end 2010!  Crepes with eggs and bacon, a good cup of coffee and Geo. 

As we waited for our breakfast, we did our annual month-by-month recap of the year.  It's funny how much took place this year!  So, naturally, I thought I would share our recaps with you :)

January 2010

George looked at a house. 
A few days later, he thought maybe I should look at the house.
I looked at the house.
A few days later, I suggest we put in an offer.
We put in an offer.
Two days later, we were homeowner!


February 2010

We packed.
We made Valentine's dinner.
We closed on our house :)
The next day, we attended pre-cana and LOVED it!
And that same night, we picked up our caterer's dinner sample box, went to our new house, and had, what eventually would be our wedding dinner, our first dinner at our new home. (ya follow that??!)

March 2010

We moved in a snow storm.
I unpacked like crazy.
We sent out our wedding invitations.
We hosted our first St. Patrick's Day Kegs-and-Eggs.
We purchased our wedding bands.
George turned 28.

April 2010

We hosted my sister's 30th birthday party for 30 of our family members and friends.
I had my bridal shower.  
Celebrated my brother's 24th birthday at our new house.
Finalized our wedding plans.

May 2010

I interviewed at a little medical software company the week before and the week of our wedding.
On the 22nd, we promised forever in front of our family and friends!
On the 24th, I was offered the job.

June 2010

I started my new job.
We went on our honeymoon in Cape Cod: Our first vacation alone!


 I returned to blogging and I can't believe how much I didn't know I missed it.

July 2010

House work, house work and more house work. 
Our good friends, Jordy and Tracey, got engaged :)
We celebrated my 28th birthday with brunch, a random wine tour and some outlet mall shopping!


August 2010

We. Did. Nothing.  ... and loved it!
Well, except for house work but we love that, too.

September 2010

George traveled for work. 
Did some "While You Were Out" house updating.
George paid off his car!
  
October 2010
 
We signed on to host Thanksgiving.
We got down to business with decorating the dining room and living room.
We celebrated our 5 year anniversary on Halloween. 
 
November 2010
 
I finally planned for the holidays, early.
We hosted our first Thanksgiving for George's family... all 15 people.
We had our first Thanksgiving in the house and as a married couple!
We gave thanks... for everything.
 
December 2010
We sent out Christmas cards.
We decorated the house for Christmas (which, besides a tree, we never did in an apartment).
We had our first Christmas in the house and as a married couple.
We spoiled each other and our families, for the last time (we are going a different direction from now on)
We slept-in, ate our faces off and survived our family parties.
We had our last date of 2010.
 


Hope your 2010 was as blessed as ours!  Here's to 2011: You have A LOT to live up to :)

Happy New Year!!

xo- Sarah and George

No comments:

Post a Comment