Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Silver and Gold.. Silver and Gold... Everyone Wishes for Silver and Gold

(name that Christmas claymation!)

I started decorating 8 hours after Thanksgiving came to a close.  My name is Sarah, and I am a decor-oholica.

Decor of Christmases past was very traditional.  I love the look of red and gold, like this...


And yes, our wrapping paper coordinated just like the above.  I have OCCD:  Obsessive Compulsive Christmas Disorder.

But after 5 years of "traditional", this year I have been plotting and scheming for something a bit more modern, a dash more muted and a touch more frosted.

I lust for table and buffet decorating (yes, lust.), so naturally our dining room was my first makeover victim. 

My inspiration look: Silver, Gold and Green a la Pottery Barn ...



We went from Harvest (think one table, 3 hurricanes and 6 gourds grouped)  ...


To winter wonderland...

God, I hate bad lighting and using a iPhone to take the photos.   Sorry for the lakc-luster appeal in advance...
So, on the table, we have a larger platter we got last year as a gift (it's from Macy's), topped with 2 crystal candle sticks we registered for and 3 smaller cut-glass candle sticks I picked up at a church rummage sale for $.25 each.  The white tappers and little green trees were also $.25 each from Craft Bits and Pieces, which is a crafts thrift store.  The table cloth is a silvery-white Lenox table clothes and from TJ Max that I scooped up for $14.99.  The dishes are from Christmas Tree Shop 3 years ago but are IDENTICAL to those currently at Target.  A few pine cones and pearly-silver ornaments round out the tray. 



The buffet, too, was a mix of new and old objects.  The jute-colored runner was $4.99 at TJ Max.  The wreath, candles, garland, lights and bottles were all gathered over the years.  I picked up the cake stand at Sears two weeks ago in the clearance section for $3.50!!   Again, I tossed in some pine cones, silver ornaments, steam wear and green wine bottles to achieve the Pottery Barn look.


So what do you think?  Did I get it close?

 

I know, I know... I love the PB version more too but this sister is on a budget!   I promise I will try to get better pics soon. 

Who knows, maybe Santa will bring me a camera???

No comments:

Post a Comment