Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Fur baby

There's reason to believe that I am kind of stubborn. 



I kind of eventually get what I want.  And I may or may not employ such tactics as being over dramatic (throw a tantrum?), slightly pout (crying?), lingering quiet (silent treatment?) and PowerPoint presentations.  

I kid, I kid (or do I?)!    

But I do bring a PowerPoint into the situation should I need to get my point across and grab my audience's (cough, cough, Geo) attention.  I've only resorted to a PowerPoint for one, very important topic close to my heart: A Fur Baby.

Now, I offer my presentation to you.

First, I had George hook the computer up to the TV.  Then I introduced myself and the reason for today's presentation -


Next, I listed the reasons as to why we needed a dog.

Reason 1: Man and woman's best friend.  I could use a companion since Geo travels, has night/weekend activities and works late some nights.


Reason 2: Building a family (yes, that is JT and Jess).  I am ready to start expanding our family.  We have had each other for 5 years now and I am ready for the next step.  He is too... even more so than me.  And we can learn to take care of another being.


Reason 3: Dog vs. Baby.  And speaking of taking care of another being, a dog would allow us to satisfy our "baby itch" yet be cheaper, easier to care for and can offer us comfort/security. Since we live in the city, and close to a not-so-great area, security is big!


Reason 4: Dogs and Health.  I offered a few additional links of interest for him to consider. All are related to health issues that we face.  I mean come on, science is backing me up!!


So I convinced him to get a dog but we haven't gone for it.  I think what does hold us back is the noon-time potty time and the traveling we will be doing.

At least the presentation worked!  I opened his eyes to the benefits.  Now it's just a matter of timing.

Okay, be real with me here: is it that hard raise a dog?  Discuss...

1 comment: