Wednesday, January 26, 2011

How to Eat Mama JC's Food

It's not secret, we are on the Jenny Craig program, which I affectionately call Mama JC cause she does all the cooking for me!

And before we started the program, I had wondered, what is the food like?

Being a foodie (which is the reason we are in this mess), food is important.  And not just food but the quality of ingredients, preparation, cooking, seasoning, presentation and taste. The whole experience is fascinating!

So I was worried about this.  I didn't want to eat high sodium, cardboard that I have to rehydrate before eating.

But Mama JC's cooking is really good!  Low sodium, low sugar, perfectly portioned and fairly flavorful. 

So I thought it might be fun to show you how to eat Mama JC's food.

Tonight: Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo with at least 2 cups of vegetables and Triple Chocolate Cheesecake.



First, heat your broccoli as directed and chopped 2 cloves of garlic, like so ...


With non-fat cooking spray, heat a pan with chopped garlic...


Add the broccoli and stir...


mmm... now heat your tray of Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo...


Combine broccoli and pasta then serve!


Yes, I basically had an entire bag of broccoli to myself but it's a free food!   So we are encouraged to load up on vegetables to keep us satisfied for the night.

Around 8 o'clock, I make a cup of decaf Irish Breakfast tea to have with my cheesecake/cookie/cakes or yogurt with almonds (it rotates between a real dessert and yogurt) and eat them s.l.o.w.l.y.

We try to bump-up all the entrees with broccoli, green beans, pepers and onions, mushrooms, cabbage slaw mix, whatever complements the dish best.

Overall, we really like it!  And almost 10 pounds off in 2.5 weeks isn't too shabby either.

I am sure I will show you another cooking session soon.

Happy WED-NES-DAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment