Sunday, January 30, 2011

Weekend Recap

Wow, such a busy weekend!  We had lots to do but found downtime here and there, which I am always grateful for.

Friday after work, we had our dinner at home then went to Target.  George's 2 sisters, mom, dad and great Aunt Betty took nieces Lauren and Ally to gymnastics, which in our area.   So we all met up at Target for a little shopping.  

The little ladies helped me shop for my first-cousin once removed, Delaney's 4th birthday.  Ally remembered she got a camera for her 4th birthday (insane memory on this girl) and since she LOVES Delaney (they walked down the aisle together at our wedding), she thought Delaney would love it too.

So we got her the Fisher Price Kid Tough Digital Camera -

And a little photo album.  I hope she loves it!  Ally and Lauren were so happy to help.

On Saturday, we had our early morning meeting at Jenny Craig.  I was only down 2 pounds (I blame the personalized menu... I had too much freedom and NO IDEA WHAT I WAS DOING!) but George was down ...

I am so jealous proud of him!!  He is down 12 pounds total and you can really see it.  Me, well, I am down 9 pounds and I can feel it in my clothes, which is a good start.

After weigh-in, we went to our church to discuss our pre-cana topic: The Rite of Marriage. 

We are getting excited to do this!  It's a bit intimidating but we have some good tools now to start planning our discussion. 

After that, we came home, ate lunch, wrapped Delaney's gifts, grabbed our dinners and went to the birthday party!



Delaney is on the left, Aundrey is in the middle and Natalie is on the right.  Delaney and Natalie are sisters and Audrey is their cousin.  All are my first cousins once removed... follow that??? :)

The party theme was Tangled so the girls had matching Tangled shirts, tootoos and glitter shoes.  Delaney loved the camera and Natalie requested on for her birthday too. 

This was our first family gathering while being on JC.  And honestly, for a family who is obsessed with food, we did awesome!  We brought our dinners, were mindful of exchanges and didn't snack much at all. 

After the birthday party, George and I came home took on New Direction at regionals...

And The Steffler Sing-sations totally won!  We love karaoke and Glee so it doesn't get much better than this.  Well, Sing Star on Playstation 3 now has Lady Gaga, which might top Glee... haha

Exhausted from channeling Finn and Rachel, we went to bed but not without watching the last episode of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills..


Haha!!  Talk about a long day!

Now it's Sunday and we have lots of house projects planned and NOTHING ELSE!!!

I hope you all had a great weekend and a restful Sunday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment